How come when I refund shipping when buyers over pay I am not refunded the shipping cost FVF to me I had the percentage removed from?

jays_jewelery
Community Member

I have had multi people buy separate that I refunded,this month as well as last,I notice when I refund their shipping on combined items I am not receiving the percentage of shipping fvf back to my ebay account ?The last one was a refund of $24 ,and another buyer it was 5 items at $4.5 had to refund her all her items and then make a invoice cutting the shipping,I have been chagred the shipping fvf but no refund for my refund on shipping?

I also an not to sure if I am getting the 20% discount for being a power seller ect for several monthes now.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

How come when I refund shipping when buyers over pay I am not refunded the shipping cost FVF to me I had the percentage removed from?

Hi .. Ebay charges on what buyer pays at checkout. There are no ebay credits for refund.

Discount .. check your invoices and seller dashboard.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Just as a seller is cheating herself when charging "exact postage" whcih does not include packaging costs, fuel surcharges, GST, and EBay and Paypal fees, she is cheating herself when she refunds the entire amount to the customer.

Rather than refunding and reinvoicing (which raises the possibility that the customer will not pay the new invoice) (yes, it happens), all you have to do is refund the shipping overpayment.

This allows you to adjust the shipping for the fees.

Thus, if the customer had paid you $10 for shipping, and it actually cost you $5, you would refund the (Canadian) customer $4.68 which takes care of the fuel surcharge, GST, packaging cost and eBay fee. The customer does not need a breakdown of how you arrived at the amount of the refund.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply