How confident are you in ebay's future?

whoscloset
Community Member
Bill Cobb doesn't seem too confident in his company. Have a look at his sell-off of exercised stock in just the last 8 months. Maybe we should be taking notes.

http://biz.yahoo.com/t/06/4535.html
Monique

Monique

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Good lord! He's continually exercising his purchase options at $14 per share and reselling immediately at $40-$43 per share. He's made millions in the last few months!

Guess its legal, but ... Ann

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

That is how stock options work -- He has the 'option' to 'buy' his shares at his 'option price' of $14.00, and then sell them at current market value.

Its common in larger compnaies to offer stock options as incentives. I had them at the last company I worked at and made about $120,000 from it over the course of a few years...

John
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
Yes, yes, I understand the options but what of the "Planned Sales" of stock that wasn't optioned? I don't see any acquisitions, only sell-offs.
Monique

Monique

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
eBay's not going away any time soon.

Buy low and sell high. Isn't that what we all do in some form or other? Good for him for making some money. I'd do it too if I was him!

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
Buy low and sell high.

ebay stock has been diving for a year and is at a 52 week low. He certainly hasn't been "Selling High" which is some indication that he thinks the stock is going to tank further.
Monique

Monique

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

momosworld
Community Member
Yes I'm actually taking a beating in the stock right now, but i do believe in the company no matter how many wrong decisions they have made this year (cough) skype...

Will keep holding on...and on..

Moez My mommy says i'm cool

My mommy says i'm cool

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
Guess Bill knew what he was doing.....can you say insider trading?

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=EBAY&t=5d
Monique

Monique

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Maybe by imposing the fee increases this year, the company was hoping to give a boost to the stock and promote more money for insider options. The increases in final value fees are actually quite staggering at about a 20 percent increase!.

At the same time the excercise of all those options is really diluting the shareholder value for everyone.

As for ebays future!!! who knows, the govt may just crack down and impose all kinds of regulations in the future. With so much ecommerce going on and money being made that the govts dont know about!!! They may want to find ways to tap in and tax this cash!!.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply