How do I Calculate Postage for a Parcel Like a 22 inch Doll ??????

I want to sell a few things On ebay  I tried before and stoped I couldn't get the postage right 

Just now I would like to put a 22 inch Doll up for sale but don't know what to put on for Postage ?????

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

How do I Calculate Postage for a Parcel Like a 22 inch Doll ??????

First decide how you are going to package the doll so that it arrives without damage.

Then weigh and measure the doll with packaging. You don't actually have to pack it, as long as you know the size of the box (use metric measurements, Canada Post went metric in 1974 and every other system will give errors) and the weight of the entire package.

Then decide on the service you want to use.

You can list a test, by the way, and with 50 free auctions every month you can mess about for a while without financial penalty. Use test or your eBay ID as the title.

Now, go through the Sell Your Item form and use Calculated Shipping. Go to Option and scroll down to choose Metric.

Domestic is straightforward, but International is a little tricky.

Go to International Shipping

Go to Custom Destination

Check off USA.

Choose service from dropdown menu.

Don't go for any other countries yet. May be by New Year's.

With Calculated Shipping and metric measurements, your bidders will see the postage to their own postal/zip code. You can check this by entering various codes yourself. I use 90210 for US addresses, and K1A 0A6 for Ontario. (That's the House of Commons, btw) or V8V 4X9 for BC.

I'm a technodolt so I actually complete the listing and post it, then look at it before it indexes. If necessary I then revise it. Be aware that every time you Revise a listing, you use up one of those Free Auctions.

Two details you may want to know: your customer's payments will be Held by Paypal for 21 days until you establish yourself and Free Shipping means that you have included the cost of domestic shipping in the price. If you need more information about these just ask.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply