How do I contact ebay customer service by email? I don't have a phone and I've been ripped off.

dol70
Community Member

The seller is ignoring the refund claim process put in place by ebay, and I'm not offered any options to notify ebay about this. It's almost like they are protecting this scammer.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

How do I contact ebay customer service by email? I don't have a phone and I've been ripped off.

Hello 'dol70',

I'm not sure what you mean by "the seller is ignoring the refund claim process put in place by ebay".  

Did you open a dispute about something?

If it was an Item Not Received, did you escalate to a claim and say that the seller has not responded?

When you escalate to a claim (within the given time frame) and the seller does nothing and does not offer a Delivery Confirmation number, you will get refunded.

Or did you open a Not as Described claim?  In that case you would have been asked the reason for the return and instructed on how to proceed.  You will have seen this link about how to handle problems:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

"I'm not offered any options to notify ebay about this."

Well, you're not offered very many, that's true.  The usual way is to click the Help & Contact link at the top of the page and then click your way through to a phone number and pass code, but clearly that is not going to work for you.  

If you can post more details outlining the nature of the problem perhaps someone around here can offer some useful suggestions, and maybe even solve the puzzle. 

In most instances there truly is no need to go to ebay.  If the seller is unresponsive and you have filed and escalated your claim correctly it should work out.  If the seller has delayed you past the ebay deadline, you can file your claim through paypal which gives you 180 days from payment (that's nearly 6 months) in which to do it.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?country.x=CA&locale.x=en_CA#13

Or is there some other fundamentally obvious point which I've missed?

Message 2 of 2
latest reply