How do I get eBay's phone number to call them please??????

Hi everyone, I can't seem to find a phone number to call eBay as my problem is not listed, I would like to speak with someone in Customer Service to see if I can get help with my Seller NOT communicating with me for a purchase I made and they sent the wrong item. Thank you for your help!!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@rosemariel2005 wrote:

...I can't seem to find a phone number to call eBay as my problem is not listed, I would like to speak with someone in Customer Service to see if I can get help with my Seller NOT communicating with me for a purchase I made and they sent the wrong item.

Help & Contact link (bottom of this page)

>> Contact Us

Select: Buying

Then select: After you purchase

Then select: Item wasn't as described  -- if they sent the wrong item this is the choice

Open a request -- if seller hasn't responded in 3 days then ask ebay to step in.

-..-

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Do you need anything more than a (robot) Item Not As Described dispute?

You have 30 days from delivery to open one of those.

If your attempts to reach the seller have taken you beyond that date, you can still make an !NR dispute through Paypal.

Or even your credit card.

These are such ordinary problems that I have some boilerplate advice.

Not all of this will apply to you.

You have 30 days after that 'last estimated date for arrival' to open a Dispute with eBay's Resolution Centre, which is at the bottom of this page.
The first suggestion is to Contact the Seller. Don’t get into a conversation.
Just ask “When was this sent? What service was used? What is the tracking number?”
Don’t get into a conversation. You want either a prompt refund OR a tracking number that shows the purchase is in Canada.
Do NOT accept a replacement. It won’t arrive.
Do NOT close the Dispute until you have the product or the refund.
If you have already attempted to Contact the Seller,  skip that step, ask eBay to step in and Escalate to a Claim.
If the seller cannot prove Delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

If the 30 days have passed, go to your Paypal account.
You have 180 days from payment for this Dispute.
Find the transaction and copy the number.
The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools
Same process basically, skip the Contact Seller and escalate to a Claim.
If the seller cannot prove Delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

In future, read the feedback.
Don't buy from sellers with less than 98% positive (99% for Asian sellers)
Read the negative feedback , including seller responses, for patterns like slow or no delivery, poor communication, low quality, counterfeits.

If you need more help, come back and ask.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Aaaaand I noticed after hitting POST that that refers mostly to Items Not Received, not Items Not As Described.

The big difference there is that with eBay the seller has to pay the postage for return shipping.

If he does not, he loses the case and you are refunded. You don't have to return it, so toss it.

With Paypal, you have to return the item on your own dime, which is expensive.

If you don't, you lose the case and do not get a refund. You cannot leave feedback either.

On the other hand you do have that 180 day window for the Dispute.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Thank you so much for your info., the problem I have is the item didn't arrive until April 1st, I bought them on Jan. 28/17, then the seller sent the wrong item so no good to me, light bulbs (4) at almost $20.00 U.S., $24.00 Cdn., told me to send them back it cost me $12.00 to send back now, I have no communication from them. GRRRRRR AND they told me they were an honest seller. :o(.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

OMG, THANK YOU femmefan1946, your information is super, I am so happy to hear from you as I didn't know that Paypal would help after the time limit ends with eBay, which as far as I'm concerned is NOT long enough to settle things. I ordered this item Jan. 28th, 2017, I only received them on April 1st., contacted this seller that they sent the wrong voltage, sent 220V I ordered 110V, seller said to return them, I did immediately at the cost of $12.00 now they won't answer me period. I am soooo happy Paypal has this longer time frame, now they have told me they contacted the seller and I have too make sure I do all what they ask BEFORE June 16th, so I hope this will be settled. Once again a huuuuge thank you and all the other suggestions, this is the first time I have used this venue and so happy I did. Good folks looking after each other and all we want is honesty don't we??? 🐵
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

HI again, I just want to clear something up with you, you mentioned above that we have "30 days AFTER the last estimated date of arrival" the date of arrival was stated as Mar. 30th when I purchased it, I received it April 1st, why did eBay tell me because it was purchased on Jan. 28th that it was from the time it was purchased I only had 30 days please? I am confused on that part. Thank you.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Anyone who has to assure you they are honest is the opposite.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for this info. as well, I didn't know that if the item is NOT as described the Seller has to pay the postage for return shipping, I guess I am out of my $12.00 shipping cost when I returned it, NO mention of this by the Seller, OF COURSE. The only problem with this is I bought the item on Jan. 28th it didn't arrive until April 1st. so it would have been past the time anyway for any problem to be solved, wrong item sent or not, correct? I truly don't think eBay gives the Buyer the time needed for things like this, where it takes so long to get an item from other Countries, other than the U.S. or Canada. A lesson learned the hard way I guess, but none the less I learned something new today. Thanks again.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Thank you, it DOES sound like what you stated I am sorry to say?? But, thanks for your input, answer well taken and it is a lesson learned, "they" say you learn something new every day, well, I guess I just did. :o( It just makes me angry when we as Buyers pay for the Seller goods we expect to get what we pay for, the same goes for Sellers THEY expect to be paid for their goods as well, so it works both ways, eh???
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

the date of arrival was stated as Mar. 30th when I purchased it, I received it April 1st, why did eBay tell me because it was purchased on Jan. 28th that it was from the time it was purchased I only had 30 days please?

You were talking with Customer Services?

It is my opinion that the CS reps are given an IQ test when they apply, and eBay hires only those who fail.

It is definitely 30 days from delivery or last estimated date for delivery.

If you had gone to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page, your Dispute would have been accepted.

Because you didn't, you are stuck with Paypal.

PP does a good job, but as mentioned their policy is that the buyer must return the unwanted item with proof of delivery.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

with as I mentioned the offset that you have much longer to open the Dispute.

If you put a few numbers into that link you will see the downside of a PP dispute for Not As Described.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Remember the part about failing IQ tests?
Go to the automated Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.
Robots are smarter.
Message 12 of 12
latest reply