How do I get ebay to re-open a complaint?

I purchased an item and never received it. I complained to the seller and was told he/she would resend it. Due to it being overseas, I waited a month and a half the first time and the same the second time. Meanwhile ebay sent an automated message asking what was happening with my complaint. I responded that the seller agreed to resend and it closed my complaint. I demanded that the seller refund my money. He/she agreed but has not done it. When I try to use the ebay system it says I have no purchases to make a complaint on. How do I get ebay to reopen this complaint?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You don't .

Let's guess-- your seller is in China, right? There is a good chance that there never was an original shipment and a practically 100% chance that no replacement was ever sent.

BUT!

You may be able to open a Paypal Item Not Received dispute since they have a 180 day Buyer Protection policy. Go to your PP account and open the Resolution Centre there.

BUT!

EBay and PP are no longer the same company, however they may still be working together on disputes. This may mean that you cannot open a PP dispute either.

HOWEVER!

Go to the credit card you back your PP account with. (PP is really just a mediator.) Phone the 1-800 number on the back of the card and ask the Customer Service clerk about a chargeback.

She will need dates, transaction numbers, payments, currency, and some other information. Have those handy to help her process your refund.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks. Yes China. Live and learn. Will never buy from there again. Luckily it was a very minimal amount. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You can file a claim on paypal even though the claim on ebay was closed. As mentioned, you have up to 180 days after purchase to file a claim there.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for that information. I was wondering if the eBay/PP split had changed the Buyer Protection claims system.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply