How do I provide accurate shipping cost, when unable to enter measurements?

Just went to list an item, when I got to the shipping, I can no longer enter the package dimentions, only the weight. Has anyone else experienced this? I tried several times, same thing. Is this maybe just another "glitch", or is it ebays way to force sellers to quote same postage for all destinations, or even ship for free.  Without the dimentions, there is no way to calculate shipping cost.  I have no problem quoting, but if I'm away from the comp. I may miss a request for a quote, as many buyers wait till the end before asking. Obviously, nobody is going to bid/buy without knowing the shipping cost. Thanks for any input, cheers

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Are you choosing Calculated Shipping for either the Domestic or for the International shipping? Silly question, but we all overlook minor details when we are frustrated.

Scroll down below the part of the Sell Your Item form where you enter the destinations and the service. You should find the place to enter weight and dimensions there.

And again, if you don’t already, use metric measurements. Canada Post went metric in 1974 and although some older Canadians still use Imperial measurements, they are never accurate. The change from Imperial to metric is found in a dropdown menu call Options with a blue question mark.    

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I had the same issue last night. There was no field to enter in dimensions.

I pressed the submit button without entering in dimensions (as there was no way to). The page then sent me back to the top with a message saying to enter in dimensions, and the dimensions field magically appeared.

Seems like a glitch.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply