How do I report buyers who refuse refunds after time period for resolution has elapsed.

llc136
Community Member

I have sent three e-mails to three sellers who are ignoring my refund requests. I never received the items, and the time limit for filing a dispute has elapsed. I'm a relatively new e-bay member and I didn't realize there was a time limit for filing a dispute until recently. I was giving the shippers extra time because of slow overseas delivery. If I can't get my money back, can I at least advise other users to be cautious in dealing with these sellers?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

How do I report buyers who refuse refunds after time period for resolution has elapsed.

go to paypal and let them know your situation, I had the same problem and it got sorted in the meantime leave them a big fat neg and don't leave any stars for performance.They depend on that system to be listed as "power sellers"  I have another name for some of them "power rip off artists" is more like it.

They string you along asking for more time because of the long distance next thing you know your times up,

Next time file a non reciept at 30 days if you have not received it. you can always cancel it when your purchase comes.This lets the seller know he is NOT going to rip you off!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You have 45 days to open an Item Not Received dispute.

Go up to the top right hand corner and find the Resolution Centre in the dropdown menu under Help and Contact.

Item Not Received is actually the default complaint.

You will be told to contact the seller. You have already done that, so go on to the next step which is to escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery and does not promptly refund himself, Paypal will refund your entire payment and go after him for their money. There will be other fallout for the seller.

If more than 45 days have passed, you will not be able to do this through eBay.

The 45days deadline is firm.

Go instead to the credit card you actually paid with (PP is just a mediator) and phone the 1-800 customer service number on the back. Have all your paperwork, transaction numbers, dates, values, currency etc , handy for the clerk to process a 'chargeback'.

Do this immediately because cards have deadlines too,

There is no reason to allow extra time for items to arrive from overseas. If an item has not arrived after 30 days, contact the seller ONCE to ask for the date and service shipped and for the tracking number. There may not be a tracking number. From your point of view this is good. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

You also have 60 days to leave feedback.

The most effective feedback is calm and factual. "Paid Nov1/14 Not rec'd Jan3/15. No response or refund"

At the same time you will be asked to leave the more important Dealer Selling Ratings. A normal transaction gets Five Stars.

The lowest Rating is ONE Star. No stars is a free pass.

If the seller's DSRs drop below 4.3, his ability to list and sell on eBay are severely restricted.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

go to paypal and let them know your situation, I had the same problem and it got sorted in the meantime leave them a big fat neg and don't leave any stars for performance.They depend on that system to be listed as "power sellers"  I have another name for some of them "power rip off artists" is more like it.

They string you along asking for more time because of the long distance next thing you know your times up,

Next time file a non reciept at 30 days if you have not received it. you can always cancel it when your purchase comes.This lets the seller know he is NOT going to rip you off!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Not leaving any stars does not affect the seller. However, leaving one star does.
**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Sellers in China are notorious for:

1. Not shipping the item

2. Not refunding the money

3. String buyers along to get past the deadlines to file item not received disputes

4. Inferior products

5. Counterfeit products

The problem you're having is very common with buyers who purchase from China.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thanks, everyone, for the advice. I appreciate it.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply