How do I sell in US Dollars?

zj-one
Community Member

Do I have to sell on the US Site to list my items in US Dollars?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Meanwhile.

Auctions rarely get more than one bidder.

Are you really willing to sell the toner and the bridge for $1,30CDN?

If not, right now, before you get that single bid, go and change your opening price to cover your cost of buying the item, your eBay and Paypal fees, and packaging.

EBay tells new sellers to start low, and defaults to 99 cents USD, but they are really really out of touch with how selling goes in the 21st century.

(99 sent auctions did work from 1995 to 1999. No more.)

Also are you aware that when you do sell, that Paypal will Hold your customer's cleared payment against your good service for 21 days?

This is a Buyer Protection policy and nothing personal.

You will be able to print your shipping label from the cleared payment, and you will get a 5% to 17% discount off PO counter prices for this, so it's not all bad. Actually, you can't print that label until your customer's payment clears, so as an unintended consequence, the shipping label also is a form of Seller Protection.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You may decide to do so in USD on ebay,com but if you use the longer Sell Your Item form on ebay.ca you will see at the very top the option to change currency from CAD to USD. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Meanwhile.

Auctions rarely get more than one bidder.

Are you really willing to sell the toner and the bridge for $1,30CDN?

If not, right now, before you get that single bid, go and change your opening price to cover your cost of buying the item, your eBay and Paypal fees, and packaging.

EBay tells new sellers to start low, and defaults to 99 cents USD, but they are really really out of touch with how selling goes in the 21st century.

(99 sent auctions did work from 1995 to 1999. No more.)

Also are you aware that when you do sell, that Paypal will Hold your customer's cleared payment against your good service for 21 days?

This is a Buyer Protection policy and nothing personal.

You will be able to print your shipping label from the cleared payment, and you will get a 5% to 17% discount off PO counter prices for this, so it's not all bad. Actually, you can't print that label until your customer's payment clears, so as an unintended consequence, the shipping label also is a form of Seller Protection.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply