How do you cancel a purchase you had clicked to buy by accident

robertprincerobert
Community Member

I had accidently clicked on a seller product twice instead of once and only want to purchase one item not a double of the same object.  How do I not purchase the item

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

scifan57
Community Member
First,contact your seller and explain the problem. The seller can voluntarily decide to let you off the hook for the second item but is not required to do so. If your seller won't let you off the hook and you don't pay for the second item,he can open an unpaid item dispute against you for the unpaid second item. Once the dispute is opened,you have 4 days to pay,if you don't pay,you will receive an unpaid item strike. If you receive 2 or more unpaid item strikes in a 12 month period,you will be on the blocked bidder list of thousands of eBay sellers.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hello 'robertprincerobert',

The only way to undo the sale at this point is to contact the seller and explain to him you only intended to buy one.  When he realizes you bought 2 of the same thing, I am sure he will agree to cancel.  That means when a Request for Cancellation shows up in your messages, you promptly click to respond and click to accept.

Your seller does not have to agree to cancel, and he could choose instead to file an Unpaid Item claim against you.  At that point you would have to either pay up or get a strike on your record.  Most sellers have blocks against people with 2 or more strikes, so you sure wouldn't want to get a second one.

The following link explains about Unpaids, if you want to have a look:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/questions/unpaid-item.html

However because it is not a matter of changing your mind but a genuine goof, however avoidable, most likely the seller will cancel for you.  Just be sure to keep it sweet. 😉

And in future, be reeeaaallly careful about how many items you buy.

Best of luck. 🙂

Message 3 of 3
latest reply