How does eBay protect sellers as receiving unreasonable Negative Feedback-buyer told lie

We treat with every buyers faithfully, but there are some buyers are not honest in the business. Sometimes we use money to solve it. If we always do that, we couldn't  do anymore in eBay.

Recently, we meet buyer  in United States tells lie on feedback, we don't know what he wants. Call eBay customer service, they can not do anything with this buyer.

NF wrote: "The piece they sold me did not work and got here 3 weeks later"

No communication in advance, as we left positive feedback, negative feedback came immediately.

We check his offer record, 1/3 price he offered and be declined.

A. Actually, Canada Post recorded delivery in 10 business days including weekend. He stated in feedback delivery after 3weeks!

B. After gave us NF, wrote "what are you going to do". According to our policy, it is very easy to deal with, return it and get 100%. No response, we sent a message again, if he revise feedback, we refund 100% of item to him. After receive return, we refund shipping cost to him. We make promise in eBay. We cover all lost, he loses nothing, but no response any more. We sell Air to fuel ratio sensors for vehicle, it is very important parts. If it doesn't  work, why doesn't he return it and get refund. $65 is not small money for a buyer. Before we accept his order, we also check his feedback because he offer an extreme low price of item, we fear, but it is 100% positive feedback. 

I suggest all sellers should follow their feedback, say something if they meet unfair treatment. It is very useful for other new sellers to pay more attention to these guys.

Is there somebody has better suggestion and experience for this case.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

How does eBay protect sellers as receiving unreasonable Negative Feedback-buyer told lie

It does not fall under the feedback removal requirements so ebay will not remove it so it is either buyer agrees to change it or it is there for 12months..

I wouldn't worry too much about as annoying as it is you can not please everyone ...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It does not fall under the feedback removal requirements so ebay will not remove it so it is either buyer agrees to change it or it is there for 12months..

I wouldn't worry too much about as annoying as it is you can not please everyone ...

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you. I feel better now.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The buyer didn't return item, didn't want refund. The part we sold to him runs in his vehicle now, in aftermarket it costs $175, he got it at $64 from us. Sure he wouldn't like make return for refund, just left negative feedback to seller for refund. Who could hold defective parts in his hand for 1month. Lies in feedback! eBay can do nothing for me.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply