How many days before its too late to open a case?

If a purchase has not been received and the seller says it was reshipped, how long do I have to open a resolution with the seller. They were purchased March 27 and seller says it was returned because they were damaged and he shipped them again April 9. It is now May 3 and I have not received them. I have paid by paypal and I worry that if nothing is said after so many days I may lose out on opening a case.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You have 45 days from the time you paid.

Best to file before day 43.

Don't listen to what the seller says

It is your money and if you don't file

you lose.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You have 45 days from the time you paid.

Best to file before day 43.

Don't listen to what the seller says

It is your money and if you don't file

you lose.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@krisnb1957 wrote:

If a purchase has not been received and the seller says it was reshipped, how long do I have to open a resolution with the seller. They were purchased March 27 and seller says it was returned because they were damaged and he shipped them again April 9. It is now May 3 and I have not received them. I have paid by paypal and I worry that if nothing is said after so many days I may lose out on opening a case.

You have 45 days. If you don't have the item by May 8 or 9 open a case. Final day to open is May 10.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

If Paypal doesn't help, and I would suggest opening your case today, you can then go to the credit card you actually paid with.( Paypal is a mediator which masks your financial information from the seller)

Cards have longer deadlines. Call the 1-800 customer service number and start a chargeback.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:
Cards have longer deadlines.

That varies by credit card, some can be quite short, you got to read the credit card fine print. I have one card that only allows 30 days from the statement date on which the purchase appeared (so a 31 to 60 day range). Most though are a bit more generous. And cards some are nicely setup so that you can start your claim directly through their website.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply