How should I proceed if a seller typed wrong my name and my address

How should I proceed if a seller typed wrong both my name and my address on the shipping order, and possible the package is lost. The order  was made on the 22nd of November 2013.

I've contacted the seller, but he declined any responsibility saying that he respect my name and address, written on the site.

He make big confusions, both name and the address, are typed by the computer on eBay site.

What shall I do, because there are more than 45 days and I cannot open a case anymore on eBay ?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

How should I proceed if a seller typed wrong my name and my address

http://resolutioncentre.ebay.ca/

The problem may have started with the incorrect transcription of your name and address, but the actual problem is Item Not Recieved.

If 45 days have passed the Resolution Centre (above) will not help you.

Go to the credit card that Paypal processed your payment from. Call the 1-800 Customer Servic number and explain that you paid on November 22, 2013, but have not received the item. Have dates, prices and transaction numbers handy for the clerk. The incorrect address is not going to interest her, so don't bother mentioning unless asked. KISS, Keep It Simple.

Now.

How do you know that he mistyped your address, if it didn't get delivered?

The name error is not important (a little insulting, but not important). Was the error in the street number? In the apartment number? In the Postal Code?

Did you go to the incorrect address and ask the people there about the parcel they received and what they did with it?

Did you go to the PO that serves your area and ask about the parcel?

There is a slight possibility that the parcel has not been sent back to the seller.

Check both your Paypal and eBay accounts. The addresses should match. These are not "written by computer" . They were written by you, and recorded by the computer. The seller may be right. He is required to ship to the PP address if you paid through PP.

You are still within the 60 days for leaving feedback. The most effective FB is calm and factual. "Item not recieved. No refund given." sums it up.

You will also be asked for Detailed Seller Ratings. The normal rating is Five Stars. The lowest rating is ONE Star.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply