How to Obtain Police Report. Experiences?

Has anyone had experience getting a Police Report for an international sale and how?

Spent about 30 minutes at my local station, without any luck. They said that since it's any International sale, it'd be an RCMP matter & referred me to phonebusters.com.

Will check it after this.

I sold a pin to a Buyer in Italy, who filed a claim for refund from Paypal as it wasn't received, then changed tune to Item Not As Described as soon as I provided Paypal Shipping/CanadaPost info to Paypal.

I agreed to a full refund upon return of the item. 2 weeks later, I signed for a large padded envelope which supposedly had the returned pin. It was basically EMPTY with 2 pieces of crumpled paper for bulk.

I subsequently sent a photo of this to Paypal and they're requested I report this to my 'local law enforcement agency & supply Paypal of the report' by FAX within 10 days or they will basically refund the Buyer the money.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Called the Cdn. Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501 and got a recording saying "either at meeting or having technical difficulties" & to call back later.

Decided to email the published email address. Got an auto-response saying that they do not reply (individually) and to call the 1-888 #!

Just great.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Unless it was an expensive item, it sounds like it may be more trouble than its worth. If its only a twenty dollar item, I would refund the jerk and block him, and forget about it. Sounds like you are already out a ton of your time.

AXE
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I'ts just a bit over $100 and I asked myself if I'd pursue this if it was a $12.99 item.

And the answer is Yes; it's a principle thing with this transaction.

The events in how a dispute was filed with Paypal initially that item was Not Received, then quickly changed to Not As Described just didn't sit right with me. Then with the empty envelope mailed back to me as the returned item just blew me away.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Yeah, sounds like he's a scammer for sure. Good luck with this, and I'm sure your persistance will pay off.
Cheers,
AXE
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Almost 4 days later, finally managed to file a report with the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre and got a copy of the report to FAX to Paypal in UK.

It's been a painful process each step of the way; the filing, then trying to get a copy of the report to FAX to Paypal.

I don't wish this on anyone, but a worthwhile experience, I think(?)!

We'll see what Paypal's decision is next week.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply