How to circumvent someone blocked bidder list

Just wanted to update my BBL after long time and two user ids came as invalid.

I can even find emails from June 2009 from one of them but eBay does not have no history about these two user IDs and refuses to add them to blocked list.

eBay, are you telling me, that all buyer has to do is close their account, this will release their ID from all BBLs they are on, start a new one and they are white as lilies again?

This is fairly disturbing.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

When someone changes their username, the block follows them. However, when they close their account and open a new one, the old ID is not linked, correct.

It's an issue but, if you ever run into a problem and know that the customer was on your BBL, support should be able to resolve this for you.

It is not really the ID that is prevented from buying, it is the buyer him/herself and there are eBay rules governing this.

Bernie
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The board is lively today.

When someone closes the account, they disappear from BBL.

Yeah right, resolve it for me. It's pretty rare to hear about anyone who would get anything resolved by calling eBay support.

Maybe I am just depressed today, but this venue starts looking bleak. Sales are down, BS is up ...
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You're just having an allergic reaction to the twit that left you the neg.

"The sun will come up tomorrow...."
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 4 of 4
latest reply