How to get a refund on an item if the user is banned from ebay?

dik-boo
Community Member

I have purchased items from the user, and i haven't received the items yet.

I checked on their profile and and it states "No Longer a registered user."

What to do ?

i guess im just hoping for a refund or something. 

Side note: Its been over 45 days, so i cant write a case. (Tried and it wont work)

Any Help will do. Please and Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

This is a tough one.  Did you contact the seller? 

I would phone eBay and PayPal and consult with them, I'm not sure if the buyer protection protects you after the 45 days have passed, but it's worth a try.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I hope you paid with a paypal account linked to your credit card.  If this is the case, call your credit card company with details of your transaction and ask for a charge back to the seller. Normally, you have 90 days to do this with your credit card company if you have not received goods you paid for.  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

If a seller is NARU, Paypal may still have access to the money they collected. That is the reasons for the 21 Day Hold on customer payments that so annoys new sellers.

The same Hold is applied to sellers with poor customer service records as well as those in high fraud categories.

So, although it doesn't help the OP, filing the Dispute and saying that the seller is NARU is useful and within 45 days will be successful. PP will refund the buyer and go after the seller.

After 45 days, PP and eBay will not get involved. The next step is contacting the credit card that was actually used to pay the crooked seller. PP is just the mediator, but they are still the first step*.

Call the 1-800 customer service number and ask about a chargeback. Have dates, payments and transaction numbers handy for the clerk to do the refund.

*Actually, second, the first is to contact the seller, but don't spend much time on this. 48 hours is plenty.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply