How to log off ebay?

Right, since my return to Ebay they have managed to screw everything up even more, can someone please help me log off Ebay...........

I can't find the log out button anywhere and it's driving me insane.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

How to log off ebay?

Nevermind, it now only appears under the discussion boards for some reason.....

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

How to log off ebay?

The forum Sign Out page is a visible log out for the forums that also logs you out of eBay itself.

The eBay logoff is in the top left where it says Hi, YourName. Place your mouse over this and after a few seconds, a menu will appear with a "Sign out" as the last entry. Click on that to logout of eBay.

This was changed a few months ago and it took a while for everyone to catch on. Not intuitive. But apparently this style of user name and popup menu is the new way for most sites now. I find it annoying but am getting used to it.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

How to log off ebay?

@pocomocomputing wrote:

The eBay logoff is in the top left where it says Hi, YourName. Place your mouse over this and after a few seconds, a menu will appear with a "Sign out" as the last entry. Click on that to logout of eBay.

Except that no longer appears on the "My eBay Summary" page.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

How to log off ebay?

It's on my summary page.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

How to log off ebay?

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

It's on my summary page.

On my.ebay.ca?

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

How to log off ebay?

@ivazqueznet wrote:

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

It's on my summary page.

On my.ebay.ca?

Yes, on .ca

As Poco  mentioned, it is above the ebay logo on the top left of my summary page. If I hover over top of where it says Hi PJ the sign out option comes up. It is on the same line as the Canadian flag. If you don't see that, perhaps your screen is set up differently?

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

How to log off ebay?

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@ivazqueznet wrote:

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

It's on my summary page.

On my.ebay.ca?

Yes, on .ca

As Poco  mentioned, it is above the ebay logo on the top left of my summary page. If I hover over top of where it says Hi PJ the sign out option comes up. It is on the same line as the Canadian flag. If you don't see that, perhaps your screen is set up differently?

I wouldn't know how to set up the screen any differently. Certainly not with "Page Options", as that just leads to a page of JSON...

Screenshot-My eBay Summary - Mozilla Firefox - abridged.png

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

How to log off ebay?

That's really odd that you don't have that. I have no idea what to suggest. Does it show up on .com?

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

How to log off ebay?

ivazqueznet, What browser are you using?

If using Internet Explorer 9,10,11, try setting compatibility mode.  If this works, make sure that compatibility mode does not cause other issues using eBay.

Another possibility is a popup blocker or a security setting in your virus or security software.

Last try another Internet Browser. I am using FireFox and have not had any issues with eBay except once (fixed by FireFox or eBay in a couple of days) over the past 2 years using FireFox.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

How to log off ebay?

On the screen shot it looks like they are using Firefox.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

How to log off ebay?

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

On the screen shot it looks like they are using Firefox.

LOL, writtten right on the screenshot.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

How to log off ebay?

Looks like someone decided to get around to fixing the JavaScript on the front page since, so all's good for me.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply