How to remove fake detailed seller ratings?

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is right place to ask my question. But got tired of calling Customer Service and describing same thing again and again without any result. I agree all representatives are nice people, but they are limited with procedures and can't solve an issue.

Recently I got 4 fake positive feadbacks with low detailed seller ratings. It is 4 one star rating for each DSR point. These feedbacks are left from 2 different fake ebay users which of course belong to one person. All feedbacks are left at the same time with one minute difference. Such kind of feedbacks are left to 3 other sellers two. Buyer never paid for the item and just after one hour left such kind of feedback "Horrible service, junk product, fake earbuds,NOT APPLE, 40 day shipping you suck". And the same kind of feedbacks are left for others sellers. 

It's almost one week left. Buyer didn't pay. And eBay customer service doesn't want to remove this feedbacks with low DSRs. I'm also 90% sure who is the real seller who created that two fake users. I have pointed them that user and hopefuly investigation are going. I understand there are policies and procedures to remove feedbacks and DSRs, but can eBay officaly tell me if leaving fake feedbacks and DSRs is allowed and legal on eBay? If not why you can't remove that? If yes, that means I can leave fake feedbacks to other sellers without any problem and that is the only way to win competetion on eBay.

I appreciate any response, comment or sharing your experience here. How to deal with such situations? And still I want official response from the eBay.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Did you file an Unpaid Item Dispute ?

I would think those feedbacks would be removed. It definitely violates eBay policy.

Call Customer Service again,if they cannot help you ask for the call to be transfered to the eBay Call Centre in Utah.

Make sure you have "Clean Hands" & all the information handy

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Thanks for your response.

At the beginning they recommended me to file request to cancel transactions. One request is declined, others ignored. And now the system doesn't allow me to open unpaid item case. Last time I have called Customer Service naswered me that they can remove feedbacks, but not detailed seller rating points. I've called already 10 times. And described the same thing many times. I'm already tired of calling them. I'm expecting some manager call me back today, but I really don't believe they will solve that issue.

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Never offer a cancellation request unless under exceptional circumstances.

They can be declined & you lose the ability to file an UID.

Looks like this happened to you.

Be careful, some buyers know how to play the system.

I would think you would still have the feedback removed as feedback policy has been violated.

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

Hum? I looked and saw two of those FB. I think you can get them removed based on vulgarity. Bet if you pulled the contact info it would be invalid. Invalid contact info equals NARU and shouldn't everything be pulled including DSR.

Make all your listings "Paypal Required" and this should never happen again. People up to no good do not link to Paypal.

Fight this, you should win.
Photobucket
Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Actually, Customer Service recommended me to open cancelation request. That's why I did. 

Elmwood there are another two feedbacks who left by another fake user at the same time. Very positive but with very low DSR ratings.

Where do you put "Paypal Required"?

I'm fighting, but each time I call I need to tell whole story from the beginning. And each Customer Service representative reponds differently. I would prefer to open some ticket but and follow that ticket.

Thanks guys for support. 

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

I can't see how to do Paypal required. I know I have seen it for vehicles on dot com. I only do BIN with IPR.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 26
latest reply

Paypal required is under Account - Site Preferences - Buyer Requirements

Have you used the report a buyer function? I'm not sure who sees those but it might be someone who can do more then the average customer rep

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

I've checked and requirement for PayPal account I have turned on. Customer Service doesn't want or can't help me. But they were provided me with that misleading information to cancel transaction. No way to solve this. And no way to defend myself. So I need to wait one year to get back my top rated status. And I don't know how to defend my account in the future. Do you know guys where can I send a letter of complaint? Is there any physical address of eBay?

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

Send a message to kalvin@ebay.com.

While he can be busy at times you can be assured that he will return your message.

If he cannot initially help you he will pass on your concern to someone who can.

Bottom Line, it is still a feedback violation.

Hopfully they can help with the DSRs.

I would think they would due to the poor DSRs being attached to the Feedback Violation.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Have you used the report a buyer function? I'm not sure who sees those but it might be someone who can do more then the average customer rep

This was going to be my suggestion, too.  Not only might the OP get someone with more ability to deal with the problem, but it might be seen as a more serious issue.  From what the OP said, this "buyer" has left a trail of such behaviour.  I would also contact Kalvin, as 'bb' suggested.  

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Thanks guys a lot. I will write him today. The thing is that Customer Service representatives see and understand the problem and fraud. But they tell me they can not help me because of local procedures. I told them if this is ok and normal and if I can do the same with other sellers? Of course I'll not do, just wanted to see what they will respond. They told me if I do that eBay can catch my fraud behaviour and block me. When I ask them why then you can't block this person with fake users and his feedbacks. They responded to me it is their procedure. They can not remove anything because feedback is positive. And that is all.

I've reported one of the buyers and nothing happened till now. I'm 90% sure who is the real seller who attacked me. They started investigation. But the problem is that when I ask them about investigation status, they told me that they are not allowed to share with me that information.

And thanks again to all of you guys. If you can also help me to secure from such fraud transactions and feedbacks I'll appreciate very much. I've lost my top rated status for a year I think.

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

I have a couple of suggestions that won't solve the problem that has already happened, but may help in future: 

1)  If you haven't already done so, put the IDs you do know about on your Blocked Bidder List.  At least that will minimize further damage from those particular IDs.  

2)  You say you're almost 90% sure who the culprit is -- if it's another seller (competitor), and you know his or her ID, block them.  And if they are located in another country that you don't very often sell to, block that country too (use your shipping exclusion list under preferences).  You can always remove the blocks after some time has passed and this person has gone elsewhere to focus his nefarious activities. 

I think your best defence in this situation is the fact that this person seems to have a history of such behaviour, and hopefully Kalvin will be able to help.  

Incidentally, I noticed the "Canadian Seller" banner on your photos -- for one thing, you may find eBay will take down your listings for a violation of their new picture policy (no logos or writing except for inconspicous watermarks are allowed).  Also, you may be drawing the wrong kind of attention from competitors with that announcement; personally I'd remove it. Serious buyers will see your location at the top of the listing. 

Best of luck with this issue -- it's difficult to control "fake" buyers who are out to cause havoc.

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

Thanks. I've already blocked that accounts and I'm shipping only within Canada for now. And thank for the advise for product photos. Changed some photos, will change remaining later.

It is already second time Customer Service representative promises me that his/her supervisor will call me back and I don't get any call on promised time. The only guy I think who can help with this is Kalvin. He responded very nice and I think will follow up with this case. I'm not going to stop. Will call Customer Service whenever I can find spare time.

I don't understand how it is allowed for users to leave feedback or DSR without paying for the item? Is there any purpose for that?

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

Don't let a clown ruin your selling experience.

We have all run into them from time to time. Frustrating, but just part of doing business online.

Best not to ignore the US Market. Your sales will suffer.

Invest in a Clown Detector or better yet, you can borrow one of ours.

You did the right thing by messaging Kalvin.

Best of luck & keep us posted.

Message 15 of 26
latest reply

I'm thinking to move to US market after getting some feedback. In Canada I can afford fast and free shipping.

What is Clown Detector?

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Clown Detector, and I am FDPMSL, is the opposite of an Idiot Magnet, "DANGER Will Robinson DANGER".

Photobucket
Message 17 of 26
latest reply

Thanks for the save Inuk, I haven't used the Clown Detector reference in a long time.

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

e-marktplus - One problem with not selling to the U.S. is that you may also lose business from the Canadians that shop on .com as your listings are less likely to show in search on that site.

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

Thanks again. I agree US is a huge market. I should sell there too. I will think over it. The thing is I'm selling cheap products and the cost of shipping to US is equal or higher than products prices. 

Message 20 of 26
latest reply