How to return a item from Canada to USA

ev-ev
Community Member

Hi

I am from Canada and have to return the item I bought from Usa because it's not as described.

The seller agreed but the told me to do that outside the eBay rules because this is international transaction.

Is it safe to do this for refunding  the money?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

sam0var
Community Member

If the seller said in the item listing that returns for this item are accepted and it doesn't work or look like you expected* then, through messages on e-Bay, ask for and follow the seller's instructions for returning the item. Do not use regular e-mail.

If you return the item but you don't receive the refund that the seller promised within a few weeks, you should open a case with e-Bay. Cases must be opened with e-Bay within 45 days from the date that you purchased the item; after 45 days, e-Bay considers the transaction to be final.

* If the item is a counterfeit (a copy or a fake), you should contact PayPal or e-Bay directly for instructions.

I hope that this helps.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Outside the eBay rules?

Be wary.

When you return the item use a service that offers Confirmation of Delivery. If the seller does not refund promptly when the USPS/Canada Post website shows delivery (allow 24 hours for action, which takes seconds), then start an eBay dispute and attach the DC number and delivery date to the dispute.

If the seller does not refund then, eBay/Paypal will refund you and go after the seller for the refund. He will also get a black mark on his seller account for refusing to refund on return.

But

you will have to Prove DELIVERY. This can be pricey.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

That the seller says he does not accept returns is irrelevant.

If he takes Paypal, he takes returns.

The important point is that you must be able to prove delivery, not shipping, delivery.

If he will not refund you, Paypal will and then go after him.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply