I JUST GOT WHAT IS PROBABLY A PHISHING EMAIL

But first I want to thank all you fine folks who take the time to guide and sometimes even entertain us on the boards. You've been an incredible help to me, and I really appreciate it. So, I get an email, allegedly through the resolution center from a lady who bought a pair of jeans from me. I sell stamps, not jeans. She's willing to settle for $189 ASAP or she'll have to go to eBay and I'll probably get in trouble she says. The letter says it comes from eBay@cases.com. It doesn't mention my username in the heading. Nothing is showing in the resolution center on my summary page. There are links to follow, but I haven't done that. Should I report this to someone, or forward it? Or can I just ignore it? Let me know if you need any further into, and thanks for your help. Al 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Forward the message (including headers) to spoof@ebay.com

Do NOT reply to the message.  It is a scam.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

You can report it to ebay at spoofs@ something or other. I never bothered as eBay gets thousands of these a day.

I would simply delete. You already know the nonsense to watch for.

I have not had any in a very long time. All I have had, in the last year, is the fake FedEx or UPS ones. Since I do not use either outfit, that is a bit of a give away.
Photobucket
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Thanks guys. When do you two, and a few others, find time to actually work? I can barely keep up with reading the boards, never mind answering them:) 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

"find time to actually work?"

Work?

I am retired and have all the time in the world! Smiley Indifferent

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I am, ahem, unemployable.

Actually, Photo, my business runs itself. I just stuff a few envelopes a day and get paid. Wait! Wasn't that a scam back in the 70's and 80's? Stuffing envelopes?

I stuffed four envelopes today and made enough to go and drink my neighbour's beer.
Photobucket
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Some say  I am retired...

but then.....  

How can someone be retired if they have never been tired?

I spend so much time searching for books... the really, really good books... there is nothing better to do than read, read ,read.  the discussion boards...

The most interesting discussions are those on eBay.com when someone is very unhappy with eBay... whining..

What most whiners do not realize is that in many ways  they know the answer ... but... and that is ...but.... they choose to ignore the right answer...

Phishing emails  can be deadly.

I actually had a few phishing emails with my "real" name....  and it was about then that I no longer added that real name to the end of an answer to a question....

Give me your name  and with dedication    I could soon be "standing" on the street and be looking directly at your house.  Sometimes I do this to confirm an unusual address... and have found buyer's addresses that were missing a critical component..

Always be careful what you say  and to whom you say it on the internet.....

There is always someone looking for a way into your wallet....

You would be surprised what actually gets onto our computer is where you get email messages...

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

You would be surprised what actually gets onto your computer if that is the computer where you get email messages...

A computer NOT linked to the internet, via emails, is very, very clean.....

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I type 120 wpm (a holdover from my previous day job which required an ability to compose extremely quickly on a keyboard), so you'll see me blabbing away on these boards. 

I set aside about an hour a day to come here because you're right -- it's almost always interesting, informative and (sometimes even) fun.  Participating on these boards is, I believe, a good way to be the best seller possible.

Cheers!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I'm retired from my "day job" of 26 years and loving this new venture. Starting out a few months ago I made (and continue to make) a lot of mistakes. I told my son it would be great to have a mentor to guide me along. Then I discovered the boards and found out I did have a mentor of sorts. You folks have answered questions I didn't even know I had! And I love the fact that I can see buyer's questions and sometimes adjust my selling practices to accommodate their needs. A short term goal would be to have enough confidence in my knowledge to start guiding others. A longer term goal would be to have my business running itself so I could drink other people's beer. Even if I don't really like beer, I like the conceptSmiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
latest reply