I PURCHASED A PRODUCT AND WHEN I CHECK STATUS IT TELLS ME THAT IM NOT THE BUYER

cathy123ca
Community Member

THE TRACK NUMBER SHOWS BUT CANT GET STATUS OF ORDER

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I don't doubt the truth of what you are saying but what you are saying doesn't make sense.

You are looking for tracking on an item you purchased on ebay, correct? Is there a tracking number associated with the paypal transaction? Is the tracking number found in your ebay Purchase History or Paypal Activity or is it something the seller sent you on the side?

More importantly, how long have you been waiting for this item and where is it coming from?

With more information, the member-to-member help can give you better direction in terms of what you might want to do next.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Is there more than one eBay account using that computer? You may be logged in under a different name than the one you bought with.

How long has it been since you purchased?

First Contact the seller and ask what service was used, when the item was posted and the tracking number.

If you do not get a satisfactory* answer and-

If more than 15 days have passed since you bought from Europe.

If more than 20 days have passed since you bought from North America.

If more than 30 days have passed since you bought from Asia.

Stop fussing about tracking and go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received dispute.

You will already have contacted the seller, so go to Step Two.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (the only real purpose of the tracking number) you will be refunded.

If the seller does not refund* himself, Paypal will and go after him for their money. He will have other repercussions.

*An offer of a replacement, particularly from an Asian seller, is NOT a satisfactory response.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply