I am attempting to find out if it is permissible or difficult to sell live koi fish internationally from the U.S.? If so what is proceedure

tripletenterprises1953
Community Member

I sell live koi in the United States and would like to know if it is a huge hassle or permissible to sell koi internationally from the US?  What is the procedure to pass them through customs?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I am attempting to find out if it is permissible or difficult to sell live koi fish internationally from the U.S.? If so what is proceedure

Might be best if you ask this on the USA boards.

This is the Canadian Boards.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

As Toby stated, you'd be better off asking in the USA boards.

But, I did find a US seller selling live Koi fish on ebay.

http://stores.ebay.com/Next-Day-Koi

I'd still do more research though, if I were you.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

you might want to call Ebay, when I checked it said this when I asked about fish-

It looks like you're trying to list a live animal.

We don't allow the sale of most live animals on eBay, including dogs, cats, guinea pigs, hamsters, rabbits, ferrets and pet birds.

If your listing doesn't follow these guidelines, it may be removed, and your buying and selling privileges could be restricted.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply