I am from Canada and requested my Canadian seller send me an invoice through paypal so that I could pay in Canadian funds and not US, seller

shaver142917
Community Member

Seller advised me that if I did not want the items to cancel the bid or pay the US funds as everything is in US, but it does show us Canadian dollars on our bids as well as shipping fees.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I am from Canada and requested my Canadian seller send me an invoice through paypal so that I could pay in Canadian funds and not US, seller

When you are on the eBay Canada site the price of any item you look at will show a Canadian Dollar equivelant regardless of the currency the item was listed in.

Most Canadian sellers choose to list in US Dollars because the majority of buyers are in the United States.

If a seller did comply with your request to send a paypal invoice in Canadian Dollars you would loose your eBay buyer protection by paying that way.

Just log into your purchase history and click on PAY NOW paypal will automaticaly do any currency conversions for you.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Your september purchases appear to be under $20. To forgo Buyer Protection to save a penny or 2 would be unwise.

Buyers are committed to pay in the currency of the listing.

As previously stated, the C equivalent is a guide only for canadian buyers and of little import when both currencies are near par as now. (2.5% conversion fee not factored in my comment)

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
Canadian eBay sellers are free to listing either Canadian or US dollars and they do not have to agree to invoice you in the other currency. Your seller does not appear willing to comply with your request. If you want the items you will have to pay in US dollars, which are worth a little less than Canadian dollars right now.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply