I am from Canada, it seams the USA has started a trade war with Canada. Shipping Costs Joke.

Shipping costs for small items have gone stupid. 

I know there is a trade war going on with CHINA .. they give me FREE shipping

The USA .. get this .. I used to sell canes ..Shipping an cane from CANADA to TX in the USA .. 15 Dollars

I just put a bid on 4 small stocking hangers .... 40 Bucks ... your are nuts!!  Calgary Alberta Canada T3E 4E3

I guess that means the USA has decleared CANADA as enemys .. and do not wish to ship to Canada

EBAY .. you better smarten up because ... I for one .. know the pricing of cross boarder . but you people are nuts .. NO MORE SHOPPING IN EBAY .. that is it for me until your priceing fulls in line.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I am from Canada, it seams the USA has started a trade war with Canada. Shipping Costs Joke.

"you better smarten up because .'

???

Contact your seller.  eBay does not price shipping charges.  That is done by the seller, based on the type of shipping services he selects.

"I just put a bid on 4 small stocking hangers"

Sorry, I cannot find your bid.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

The China government subsidyize those China sellers with free shipping, that is why!!

As for shipping costs, they are decided by the sellers not eBay.  If you don't like the shippng costs, don't buy them, simple.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pierre, excuse me, how can you find anyone's bidding?  Unless you are an eBay staff??

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Anyone with substantial experience knows how to do a search by seller or bidder.

As far as being staff, you know better!

Have you ever taken the time to check facts before asking a question?  It only takes a second or two to click on "about me".

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

" Unless you are an eBay staff??"

One does not need to be a staff member to evaluate how you manufactured your feedback rating artificially.  You obviously have enough eBay experience to understand that system! 

Unfortunately, your approach leaves visible breadcrumbs and most readers with some eBay experience can figure it out.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

not a problem .. we went to amazon and bought the same item .. shipping was free.

have a nice day

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

You know,it looks like more and more Canadian buyers are buying within Canada ,willing to pay all taxes and fees,Ebay inadvertently has helped the Canadian economy by turning away a lot of us  since the introduction of GSP.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Pierre you should also know then that ebay does not show up every transaction of other members only a small sample. In fact if you look up my sales it only shows about half. I actually believe this is stated when you do the advanced search that you will not see everything a person has bought or has bid on.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply