I am looking for the person who purchased an early to mid 1800s family Bible in around c 2006 or 9.

I am looking for the person who posted or purchased an early to mid 1800s family Bible that references William Scarth Metcalf or Metcalfe (b 1839) and Clara Metcalf (nee Budeon, b. 1831).  William and Clara had 2 children, Edward and William. Clara passed away in 1871 and William married Jane Hanna Colpitts. I am one their many great grandchildren. I am wondering if you still have the Bible? I would very much like to acquire it for my family or at the very least the genealogical information contained in it. I am currently searching the family's genealogy so would appreciate any information. If the Bible went to one of their descendants then I would like to know who so I can add them to the tree. Below is the information the eBay ad contained:

Large Leather Holy Bible. King James version. Printed at the Oxford University press MDCCC.XLIX. (1844). Leather bound with ribbed spine. Tightly bound and in good condition. Measures approx. 10¼ inches x 7½ inches x 2¼ inches in depth, a Very Heavy Book !!! FAMILY HISTORY The inscriptions read……. Just too many family records to write here but here are a few….. William Scarth Metcalf son of Wm and Jane Metcalf born at Guisbro 16th Dec 1839. William Scarth Metcalf and Clara Budgen Budgen were married by license at the parish church of Weatherell, Cumberland on Sunday August 14th 1859 and have had issue (children). William John Metcalf born at Carlisle 1861 died in Monkswearmouth, Sunderland 1935. Richard Enos Metcalf born 1863 in London, Emigrated to Canada and died January 9th 1940. Edward Scarth Metcalf born Guisbro, Yorkshire 1866, Died in India. Clara Budgen Metcalf died at Guisbro, Yorkshire in 1871 aged 40.

The First mentioned William Scarth Metcalf married his second wife Jane Hannah Colpitts by license at the parish church of Wilton, Cleveland 1871. Joseph Colpitts Metcalf born at Westminster (London) 1872. Died 1936 at Sunderland. Jane Clara Metcalf born at Westminster(London) 1873. Died Jan 2nd 1959 at Stamford,Lincolnshire. Isaac Wright Metcalf born at Westminster 1874. Alice Mary Metcalf born at Middlesbro 1876, died at Stamford, Buried at Sunderland. Charlotte Elizabeth Metcalf born at Linthorpe, Middlesbro 1877. Died at Fulwell 1929.Buried in Sunderland. Thomas Ernest Metcalf born in Newcastle, emigrated to Canada and died in 1946.

Regards, Dawn Metcalf

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I am looking for the person who purchased an early to mid 1800s family Bible in around c 2006 or 9.

Contact the seller and ask that YOUR contact information be passed on to the buyer.

It would be a huge breach of client privacy to pass the customer's information on to a stranger because: restraining orders?

And be ready to pay for the Bible or for photocopies of the information. It will cost the new owner time and possibly money to satisfy your wishes.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I don't know who the seller is. That's my problem. I understand re: privacy laws, hence I am asking either buyer or seller to contact me.

Cheers and thanks for your reply...I'll edit the post to include seller....Dawn

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Amendment: I would like either the seller or the buyer to contact me...Cheers, Dawn
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

"I don't know who the seller is."

????

How do you know it was sold on eBay?

If you can see a sold listing, you can see the name of the seller.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply