I am selling for the first and only time on ebay. My item is too expensive for my limit. What shall I do?

franroyer11
Community Member

I plan on selling this one item on ebay. I don't have any seller record. I just want to sell this one thing. But it seems that I can't sell any object over 1,000.00$. What can I do?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I am selling for the first and only time on ebay. My item is too expensive for my limit. What shall I do?

You don't say what you are selling:  it would be helpful to know what it is you want to sell.

By the time you have set yourself up as an eBay seller, you could probably have sold the item yourself.  eBay is terrific for multiple sales and purchases!

Perhaps you should consider Classified Ads in your newspaper, Craig's List or Kijiji if security is not an issue.

If security is an issue, a consigment store may be delighted to sell your item for you.   If there are several stores in your area, check the % they will charge for selling your item.

In my small town, there is one business that will sell your item on eBay for you. 

If you will let us know what you are selling, we could come up with more ideas for you.

Kind regards!

Elly

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Selling high value goods with a little experience is a way of setting yourself up for an expensive failure.

First try buying on eBay. This will give you an overview of the customer experience. 

When you have about 10 feedback, try selling unwanted household goods to get the seller experience and to build your feedback further.

Then set your Seller Preferences to Block the most obvious fraudsters (Not Paid Strikes, no Paypal, difficult destinations, etc.) and list in auction. Keep a close eye on your bidders and cancel bids from those who seem sketchey.

If you get a winning bid, don't ship until you are paid, but be aware that PP will hold your customer's payment, sort of in escrow, for 21 days, You still need to ship within seven days and with Signature Confirmation to have any PP Seller Protection. 

Or, as suggested, go to Kijiji or Craigslist. List for free and get paid immediately in cash. Kijiji has pictures so I tend to prefer them. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply