I bought an I pad and the seller didn't send me the passcode I message him three times but no answer

what should I do plz

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I bought an I pad and the seller didn't send me the passcode I message him three times but no answer

xeposter
Community Member

I don't see why you left the seller feedback saying "very happy ty" if you do not like it....

You could try contacting the seller directly by email. Sometimes my email provider send eBay messages I get to "spam," so yout seller might have the same problem.

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Go to your Paypal payment, the seller's email is used for the PP account address.

If he is completely unresponsive, you could file with eBay for 30 days after delivery as Item Not As Described.

Just opening the Dispute might kick him into action. But try the polite email first.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hello 'rei.nelso', 

<<I bought an I pad and the seller didn't send me the passcode I message him three times but no answer ... what should I do plz>>

Three messages to your seller with no response is more than enough.  If find you have purchased an item you cannot use because a key piece is missing (ie, passcode) then you have an item which is Not as Described.  

The following link explains what to do.  

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

With a Not as Described case, you will be asked to return the item to the seller.  The seller is supposed to pay for return shipping, -- meaning that he is supposed to forward to you  the cost of mailing it back.  

If the seller is in Canada he can send you a mailing label.  This is not possible for items bought outside one's own country.  

As such, once you get a claim underway you may need to call ebay and tell them that the seller has not sent the return shipping cost.  You use the Help & Contact link at the top (or bottom) of the page to do that.   The problem with calling ebay is that people often get conflicting information, as it seems the Customer Service reps often have little understanding of ebay policies.  

However, if you have an item you cannot use, you must do something and filing a claim is where to start.  Even if you have to pay return shipping yourself it may be better than having nothing better than a paperweight.  This next link will give you an idea what it will cost to mail it back to the seller.  You must use a tracked (Delivery Confirmed) service:

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Best of luck Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
latest reply