I can no longer access any MUTUAL CANCELLATION option anywhere.

dhslk
Community Member

Where did the ability to do this go? It disappeared for me  a week or two ago. 

My only option seems to be to open up a non-paying bidder case (which I don't want to do---the buyer accidentally submitted a duplicate order, and paid for 1, so I don't want to ding them).

When I go to the resolution center , it now gives me the option "I need to cancel a transaction', making it sound as if it's my 'fault' for cancelling. When I do choose this option, I get to an 'ask a question' type box----no matter what appropriate keyword I enter, I never get to an appropriate link.

Any suggestions? Is this happening to anyone else? This was an expensive item, so I am NOT prepared to eat the cost of FVF for an unpaid order, but don't want the customer to be upset/dinged.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

What browser are you using? Did you try another browser? 

Sometimes a browser automatic update (FireFox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer are automatic by default) makes seemingly random parts of the eBay site code not work and it takes a while for eBay to find the issues and update their code.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I tried to find it the other day -  I don't think it is there anymore.

According to Mr. Elmwood this is likely how it is done now.

"resolution centre ---> I want to cancel a transaction ----> find item ---> refund choosing buyer request or address problem.

Refund goes automatically. Cancel request goes to buyer. If buyer does not respond, it auto cancels in favour of the seller. FVF back and no defect."

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

The OP said he does not want to open a UID so no payment made, so no refund required

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

dhslk
Community Member

Anyone?

This isn't a case of refund, just wanting to cancel with no repercussions for the buyer, as it was an honest (probably caused by ebay issues) mistake on their part.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

According to Mr. Elmwood this is likely how it is done now.

"resolution centre ---> I want to cancel a transaction ----> find item ---> refund choosing buyer request or address problem.

Refund goes automatically. Cancel request goes to buyer. If buyer does not respond, it auto cancels in favour of the seller. FVF back and no defect."

This gets the seller's fees back. And both parties can leave feedback if they wish.

Henchman: Oh, I get it! I'm good. Best thing for everybody. [Desperate grin] I'm right there with you.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Now you can cancel order from your Sold page, drop down menu at Action (last tab) - Cancel order - choose reason, etc.

Help page:

http://ocsnext.ebay.ca/ocs/sc

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

It appears eBay has made another change without any notice.  
Your ONLY two options to cancel a transaction are:

1/ I'm out of stock or can't fulfill for another reason

2/ The buyer asked to cancel the order, or there's an issue with the buyer's address

Of course there is still the Unpaid Item Case with the always popular "The buyer has not paid for the item"

So I surmise that choice #1 gets you a defect & that choice #2 does not 

Checked in IE & Chrome. Both the same no more mutual cancellations...

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Screen Capture of the new cancellation page

Cancel.jpg

New Unpaid Item Page with only one choice.
UPI.jpg

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Yes, # 2 is the right answer (if buyer want to cancel transaction)

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@decal-fx wrote:

It appears eBay has made another change without any notice.  

It`s only without notice for those that did not read the details of the Fall 2014 Seller Update. All the details were included in the announcement.

Check the FAQ that came with the announcement, full details on the process including screenshots is included. The only thing missing was an exact date at which it would be implemented but they did get the month correct.

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/news/fallupdate2014/after-sale-experience.html

In November, we will bring this same new after-sale experience—including the eBay Money Back Guarantee—to buyers on eBay.ca.

We’re also streamlining the cancellation process to make it easier for buyers and sellers to cancel a transaction directly from My eBay. Buyers can request a cancellation if they change their mind within an hour after the sale (as long as you haven’t already shipped the item). This will help reduce the hassle of unpaid items and help you get your merchandise back up for sale faster. Sellers will also have the option to cancel transactions directly from My eBay instead of the Resolution centre and, if the buyer paid with PayPal, sellers will no longer need to wait for a response from the buyer.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@recped wrote:
It`s only without notice for those that did not read the details of the Fall 2014 Seller Update. All the details were included in the announcement.

I stand corrected thank you Recped

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@bestcheapfast wrote:

Now you can cancel order from your Sold page, drop down menu at Action (last tab) - Cancel order - choose reason, etc.

Help page:

http://ocsnext.ebay.ca/ocs/sc

I do see the cancel order option in the sold section of my ebay page but I don't see the option in the sold section of selling manager which is the page that I would normally use.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply