I can't open a dispute

I bought and paid for a ring on June 19, 2013. It still has not even been shipped yet over a month later.

The listing said ring would be shipped two days after they received payment. Estimated delivery date July 8.

The listing had a drop down menu so you could choose your ring size. Cost of ring was $425.00 US plus shipping of $13.00

Everytime I contact the seller he says things like he had to send the ring for re-sizing, then the next time they said it takes time to make the ring (no where in the listing does it say that the ring will have to be made. If it did, I would not have purchased it) and for me to have patience. I shouldn't need patience on a ring I should have received weeks ago like your listing said I would.

The last email from them said they would ship soon and they would expediate the shipping. You guessed it, that was over a week ago and they haven't shipped. Seems like they keep stalling for one more week, forever.

I don't have a paypal account but was able to use my credit card and the transaction is marked as being paid with paypal.

I tried to open a dispute but ebay redirected me to paypal since the transaction says it was done via paypal. The redirection to paypal wants me to log in to see transactions. I don't have a paypal account and even if I open one, it's not going to have that transaction from June 19.

What to do?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I can't open a dispute

Hello 'wings...',

What to do?  Call the 1-800 number on the back of your credit card and ask to do a chargeback for Item Not Received.

You will need to have all the transaction details on hand when you call.  These you can get from the listing information in your Purchase History, as well as the paypal receipt and the ebay confirmation that were sent to your regular email when you bought it. And if it has arrived by now, - have the credit card statement in front of you as well.

You are absolutely right that the seller is not behaving properly.  He is lying his face off thinking he can steal from you, - believing that because you have a low feedback score you will not know the ebay system.  He wants to delay you past day 45 for a paypal claim, and perhaps even day 60 - the deadline to leave feedback.

Your credit card, however, offers you at least 90 days in which to file a chargeback.  Do it now, - that was a lot of money.

The lame excuses and stories offered up by that crook are disgusting.  There are lots of that ring in stock and you ordered a standard size.  He's just trying to steal from you.  Hence there is no point in pursuing further communication with him.

Get your money back on to your card, and if you wish to leave feedback you have only 60 days in which to do it.  The more calmly you can tell the facts the more likely you will be believed by future buyers.

I wish you luck.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I can't open a dispute

I have to say that you are very patient. I would never - ever - treat a customer like this seller is treating you. He should be ashamed. 😞

With that said, I think the best way to handle things is to proceed as dmil8030 said. As for feedback, it's VERY important to remain calm and factual. No name calling.

Let us know how it worked out!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I can't open a dispute

Hi dmil8030 and lady.stark,

It worked out! I sent one more email to this seller saying if they didn't prove shipping asap, I would get a full refund. They then shipped it UPS expedited and I received last Thursday - I'm wearing the ring right now.

Thanks for your support!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I can't open a dispute

Really glad to hear it worked out 😉

Message 5 of 5
latest reply