I can't resolve a problem with the seller and it's after 45 days, who can I email at ebay?

vuga6umx
Community Member

I bought an item on ebay, but it had a flaw. I contacted the seller and they asked for pictures. I sent them pictures and they agreed that it had a flaw and said I could keep the item and receive a $5 credit or send it back for a replacement and they would reimburse shipping up to $6. I decided to send it back. Then I never heard from them. When I followed up (it was of course after 45 days, I had no idea of this policy) and they decided they wouldn't replace it! They sent me a credit on paypal - but only for the price - not shipping (x2!) Now, who do I escalate this to? This isn't right! I'm out money, and item and am frustrated! HELP

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I can't resolve a problem with the seller and it's after 45 days, who can I email at ebay?

Had you filed a claim within the 45 days allowed , return shipping is at your expense. The recoverable shipping would have been the initial paid.

Nothing that eBay/PayPal will do now.

If under 60 days , can reflect your experience with the seller in feedback and DSRs.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

PayPal requires return shipping with on line delivery confirmation which can be expensive.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

If you use Paypal to pay securely from a credit card, you can call the card company about a chargeback.

Have all your information (dates , values, numbers) handy for the clerk.

Be aware that the card company also has a deadline, although it is usually longer than PP's and that it may also want Confirmation of Delivery of the purchase to the seller.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply