I can t seem to get the shipping calculator to work on packages over 1kg for USA zip codes from Candian postal code.

I have tried different combinations over the last week in an attempt to get the shipping calculator to work on packages over 1kg. I have varied the size of the package, but its the weight that affects it. I know we are in the midst of rate changes but surely Canada post would inform us if the software  was going to be affected. I put in Canadian postal code. and USA zip code and click on samples and everything is greyed out so I can click and choose a USA service and ad it to my listing. It won t calculate it. I listed some items and it simply tells american buyers to email me for shipping costs ( thats too cumbersome). what am I doing wrong? can somebody help? I have talked to ebay about this, nothing back.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I can t seem to get the shipping calculator to work on packages over 1kg for USA zip codes from Candian postal code.

griswold0_0
Community Member

I have the same issue ,was told buy e-bay don't worry we fix that in 24 hours that was 3 days ago hmmmmmm!! I know its a pain I've had dozens of requests for shipping info last couple of days .I don't have that kind of extra time.

Griswold

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I solved it myself after many,many hours and experimentation. My problem was my fault. My mindset was that small dimensional packages are efficient and save money. Wrong , too small equals under the minimum size requirements for USA shipping. If you look at the minimum requirements of the parcel dimensions and make sure your packages are at least as large as the minimum, the calculator will work  ie Expedited U S A minimum is I believe 21cmx14cmx5mm.  Be equal to or larger than these sizes and it should work on the calculator. default to parcel or envelope, don t pick a parcel size.  Good Luck.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply