I did not receive payment from my buyer, however, I was asked for eBay Seller Fees. Why?

uux8090
Community Member

I did not receive payment from my buyer, so the case is closed.  however, I received several emails to "friendly reminder" me for eBay Seller Fees. Why? I do not think I should pay for it.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I did not receive payment from my buyer, however, I was asked for eBay Seller Fees. Why?

You must file an unpaid item dispute against your buyer in order get your final value fee credit. If you did not do that and did not open a transaction cancellation in which the buyer agreed to cancel, you will be charged fees.

Open an unpaid item dispute not if it's not too late.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You have 45 days since date of sale to open an unpaid item case against buyer in PayPal.  After that time frame, you can't claim back any FVF on sold items even if buyer never paid.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply