I dnt hve paypal and I hvn't put in my creditcard information, only my adreswith my accont. I presd buy now havnt paid but says i bght?

cmchenry46
Community Member

plz help it was an accident i dont want to run into any trouble

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I dnt hve paypal and I hvn't put in my creditcard information, only my adreswith my accont. I presd buy now havnt paid but says i bght?

You have to click on Buy twice to confirm the payment. Hard to do it by accident.

Contact the seller and beg forgiveness, He may offer you a Mutual Cancellation. If he does agree promptly (two more clicks) and leave grateful positive feedback.

He may decide instead to start an Unpaid Item Dispute. The only way to get out of one of those is to pay up. If you don't you get a Strike which will make it harder to buy on eBay, since most sellers have Blocks against bidders with Strikes.

EBay is not a game for sellers. They/we pay substantial fees for our listings and sales- upwards of 20% of the selling price of any item you buy goes to eBay not the seller.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You have to click on Buy twice to confirm the payment. Hard to do it by accident.

Contact the seller and beg forgiveness, He may offer you a Mutual Cancellation. If he does agree promptly (two more clicks) and leave grateful positive feedback.

He may decide instead to start an Unpaid Item Dispute. The only way to get out of one of those is to pay up. If you don't you get a Strike which will make it harder to buy on eBay, since most sellers have Blocks against bidders with Strikes.

EBay is not a game for sellers. They/we pay substantial fees for our listings and sales- upwards of 20% of the selling price of any item you buy goes to eBay not the seller.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
You should take immediate steps to open a PayPal account. Don't even think about buying anything else until your account is properly set up. I have to agree with femmefan about the chances of accidentally buying something on eBay,it can't be done without going through several steps and confirming your intention to buy at each step along the way.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

cmchenry46
Community Member

I'm thinking about cancelling my ebay account and never using it again, so what hapeens if you get this strike cuz i real dont wanna pay 1500 and it wont bother me because im not buying off ebay again , dont even have paypal will this still be a bad situation for me?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Hello 'cmchenry',

Why on earth would you commit to buy such an expensive item if you were not prepared to pay?  (Rhetorical question).

No matter, to begin, -- you do not need a paypal account to buy on ebay.  That means if your credit card is in good health with a current credit of roughly $1900 you can use it to pay for the drums.  You simply click Pay Now, the next page tells you Choose a way to pay, and you follow through with entering your credit card information.  Easy.

You say you don't want to pay that amount now.  Hmph, should've thought of that sooner.  Well, as 'femmefan' has explained, you must ask the seller for a cancellation.  I urge you to do that promptly.  The seller has to pay fees on that amount, and he will understandably want those fees back.

If he chooses to file an Unpaid Item case against you instead (and you can hardly blame him, really) you will get a strike on your record if you do not pay.  Nothing "bad" happens, but if a strike lasts a year, and if you get a second one it will be just about impossible to buy any more because sellers set up an autoblock on people with strikes.  Please read through the following link about Unpaid items, - it is written in clear, straight-forward language, and is very important:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/questions/unpaid-item.html

That said, if you genuinely want to cancel your account, the following link will tell you how:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/account/questions/close-account.html#perm

You don't really need to close your account, but you do need to appreciate that you should only ever click that 'buy' button if you are fully committed to paying.  You will not get into trouble, but if you goof around with not paying very many times, you could get booted from ebay.  Would save you the trouble of closing, I suppose. 😉

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
You could contact the seller ans explain your problem. Tell the seller that you will agree to accept a mutual cancelation request if he sends one to you. This will enable the seller to recover his final value fees which are several hundred dollars when the selling price is as high as $1,500.00.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply