I had a seller cancel my bid for no reason and the item sold for much less than I had bid. I met all the requirements. How can he do that??

c-yag
Community Member

I had bid on a book for my collection. With 30 minutes left my bid was canceled and someone else was a high bidder. My bid was much higher. When I tried to rebid, I got an automated response to say that I was blocked. I don't know why and had bid in good faith as an honest ebay member. I lost the item and all attempts to contact the seller go unanswered except for an initial note saying " Sorry for the confusion. We will get back to you". I have yet to hear back and the item will have been sold to someone else. I cannot leave feedback as I was excluded from the transaction but believe the auction was concluded very dishonestly. How do I get answers?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I had a seller cancel my bid for no reason and the item sold for much less than I had bid. I met all the requirements. How can he do that??

Only the seller knows why they cancelled your bid. Was it a US only item? If so, maybe the seller realized you are in Canada and that's why they cancelled and blocked you (I'm only guessing. That may not be it at all).

Since you did not win the item, you cannot leave feedback.

You are not out any money on the transaction and not knowing specifically why the seller blocked you, I do not see anything dishonest on the part of the seller. If you had won, paid and either got nothing or something totally different, then that would have been dishonest.

Non paying buyers deserve unpaid item strikes.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

By the way, sellers can cancel any bid for any reason.

I should have mentioned that you can go to the item and click on the number of bids, scoll down and see why your bid was cancelled.

Non paying buyers deserve unpaid item strikes.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply