I have also not received an order I placed some time ago....

I have also not received an order I placed some time ago.  The expected date of delivery of the item I ordered was between Sept. 26 and Oct. 1 of 2014.  We are now past the middle of Jan. 2015, and still nothing.  I gave it until the middle of Oct. and I messaged the seller, but received no reply.  My next step was to contact the resolution centre.  I was redirected to my paypal account which didn't do me any good.  On a positive note, I did manage to find the item elsewhere, at less than half of what it was costing me through ebay.  Since I''ve lost the money on the ebay transaction, the item ended up costing me about 3 times as much in total.  This was my first time purchasing through ebay and it's my last time.  I don't find the site to be very user friendly and the resolution centre is a joke.  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Why did you not file a claim through paypal? You would have received your money back if you filed before the 45 day limit and if the seller did not have proof of delivery.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I am sorry you had this experience but shopping at any other site would have left you in the same box.

You just waited too long.  Your only hope now is to try a charge back on your credit card that paypal processed the payment on.

Please just  contact you CC provider with the transaction number etc (from you paypal screen) and initiate a charge back.  And in future remember if you are waiting for something from this site and you do not have it in your hand at 44 days open an INR claim on paypal.

But purchasing elsewhere would have left you in the same boat.  Depending on how you paid.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for your replies.  My order had an estimated delivery date of Oct. 1 at the latest.  Snail mail being what it is, I gave it until the end of the month.  I then contacted the seller and still have received no reply.  I then contacted the resolution center to open a claim and was directed to my paypal account.  I couldn't get into my account.  The sign in information was entered correctly and I know this because like many others I know, I have different passwords for different sites, so they are all written down in a book that's kept securely in a locked safe with other important information.  

After a few days of trying, with no success, I finally changed my password.  There is no information on my paypal account anywhere pertaining to the order I placed.  I have a recurring monthly payment for another site and it's there, but nothing else.  

I realize I ran out of time trying to resolve the issue a long time ago.  Trying to resolve the issue was an issue itself.  

I did manage to find the item I had ordered at a local store and paid in cash 1/3 of what it cost me on ebay.

This was my first time ordering through ebay and it was not a pleasant experience at all.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Snail mail being what it is,

Thirty days is plenty for delivery from overseas.

From Europe about 10 to 15 days.

From North America about 15 to 20 days.

If you open and win and Item Not Received dispute and the item later shows up, you can refund the refund using Paypal's Send Money service. And ethically you should.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply