I have an old eBay bible which shows how to use HTML for listings, why doesn't it work?

Hi! I am a new seller on eBay and I thought I would jazz up my descriptions by using HTML. I found an old eBay Bible and used the HTML it suggested. Part of it worked, but most of the HTML showed up as code in my listings. When I removed the code however the listing was nicely spaced out rather then the way it was in the beginning which was all bunched together like this paragraph. Could someone please explain why this is happening, and if I can use HTML for <P> paragraphs and other things?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

I have an old eBay bible which shows how to use HTML for listings, why doesn't it work?

Hi,

Yes you can use HTML, in the sell form, there is two viewing mode, "standard" mode and "HTML" mode, to write in HTML, you need to be in code (HTML) mode.

Also, note that <p> is no longer part of HTML5 standards (http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_p.asp ). You may however use <br>  (HTML) or <br /> (XHTML). Since eBay websites are written in XTHML (CSS), you should use <br />

Message 2 of 2
latest reply