I have been asked to return an defective item with the promise of a full refund. What is my guarentee that I will actually get a refund.

bmarlow2
Community Member

item received was supposed to be new but is in fact very used to the point it is  junk.  I have been offered a full refund if I ship it back but I am nervous that once shipped I'll never see my refund.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I have been asked to return an defective item with the promise of a full refund. What is my guarentee that I will actually get a refund.

You have four  tools.

The first is using a “tracked” service to return the item. For most items only Delivery Confirmation is required. These services include Expedited, Tracked Packet and (in Canada ) Regular Parcel.

If the value of the item, including postage, is over $250 you must also purchase Signature Confirmation.

The second tool is appropriate feedback. You have 60 days to leave feedback.

The third tool is Detailed Seller Ratings. These are left at the same time as feedback but are much more important to the seller. A normal transaction gets a Five Star rating. The lowest Rating is ONE Star. No Stars is a Free Pass.

And if worse comes to worst, you can Dispute the transaction through eBay as Item Not As Described. You have 45 days for this and must prove the seller has received the item back.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Return with delivery confirmation as femmefan stated and if no refund by day 43 from payment date , file with PayPal..

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/paypal-buyer-protection.html

Message 3 of 3
latest reply