I have listed a pair of rear fenders for an E-30 BMW convertible. These are OEM and new . No takers

rodw778
Community Member

I have a pair of rear fenders for a BMW E-30 convertible.  These are factory new in unopened boxes.  I listed them (perhaps poorly) and had no response.  If someone in the biz wants to do this for a fee, I would be interested.  They are in Vancouver, Canada and I have the invoice for Canadian dollars $526 each.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have listed a pair of rear fenders for an E-30 BMW convertible. These are OEM and new . No takers

What you are looking for is called a Trading Assistant. These selllers have been vetted by eBay.

Most sellers who take consignments want a fee of 24-40% of the selling price and the consignor pays the eBay and Paypal fees.

Most also want to have the item in their possession partly to prevent the owner from selling it out from under them and partly to make shipping faster.

I would consider using a local free classified service like CL or KJJ and taking cash. Vancouver is a large enough city that your market would be quite good.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

What you are looking for is called a Trading Assistant. These selllers have been vetted by eBay.

Most sellers who take consignments want a fee of 24-40% of the selling price and the consignor pays the eBay and Paypal fees.

Most also want to have the item in their possession partly to prevent the owner from selling it out from under them and partly to make shipping faster.

I would consider using a local free classified service like CL or KJJ and taking cash. Vancouver is a large enough city that your market would be quite good.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Many thanks for the feedback. There is a very limited market for these things because it is about $5.000 to install them (they have to be welded in). I wanted to solve a small rust problem in the rims and bought them while I was out of the country through a friend without researching the issue properly. So the market is very limited to someone who has had a serious rear end collision (or is just stupid like me).
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

My cousin belongs to the Victoria Jaguar Club.

Is there an equivalent organization for Beemer owners?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply