I have listed shipping to Canada and USA and I have clients from Russia bidding on my item. Shipping to Russia is insane.what do I do

dawne83
Community Member

I have listed an item to sell to Canada and the USA.  I have ebayers from Russia bidding on my item.  I looked into shipping to Russia and its crazy.  what do I do about this? Thanks

dawne83

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I have listed shipping to Canada and USA and I have clients from Russia bidding on my item. Shipping to Russia is insane.what do I do

Hi dawne.. Cancel the bids and add the bidders ID to your blocked bidder list.

Set buyer requirements to block bidders from countries not shipped to..

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html

Can block bidders for other reasons as well ie no PayPal account.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

It's not crazy. It is just expensive.

If you put Calculated Shipping in your listing, your customer can see how much it will cost him to receive his purchase. Maybe it is worth it to him, maybe not.

If he bid, and won, without asking for the cost of shipping, you are allowed to charge whatever a reasonable price would be for the secure arrival of the item. If it is too high for him, you have two choices.

Mutual Cancellation for calm sensible customers is fast and ends the transaction for both of you. You get your selling fees back quickly. Both of you can leave feedback, so don't use this if the customer is hostile.

Unpaid Item Disputes take 4 days to open and 4 more days to close. If the customer does not pay, he gets a Strike and you get your fees back. No feedback can be left, so this is the choice when you have an angry or strange customer.

But it would cost about the same to ship to Russia, to Germany or to Australia. And the chances of problems are no greater to any of them than to Manitoba or California.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply