I just made my first purchase and made an error in my credit card details. How do I change that?

My first purchase on ebay this morning....Made an error on my credit card details to buyer in US. 

I requested cancellation but am concerned it does not go throughy

how do I contact the seller as soon as possible?

I do wish to order again with correct details .

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I just made my first purchase and made an error in my credit card details. How do I change that?

Go to the listing.

At the top , on the left there is a list of links.

One is Contact Seller.

Don't panic.

If the error was in transcribing the credit card number, the payment will not go through. And you will have to start again. Same if there is no money left on that card.

I guess you didn't use Paypal for your payment? When you do, the seller never sees your financial information and in addition to eBay Buyer Protection and the chargeback feature of your card, you would also have Paypal's Buyer Protection.

And the service is free to buyers.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

The reply was too late.  Therefore, it was not of value.  Thank you.

For the record, I contacted eBay within an hour of submitting my first order to cancel because of an error in my credit card number.  I stated it  was my intention to resubmit immediately.  I was told it would be cancelled.  IT was NOT.

I assume then that an order cannot be cancelled even if done immediately.  This is unfortunate.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply