I just paid for an item that I won and now the seller is asking for more shipping, can they do that?

It did state in the item description that items over a certain price would have to be shipped with the more expensive shipping option, which I did not see. I understand that it is my own fault for not reading the description more carefully, but I don't think the seller should be offering the cheaper shipping option if there is a any chance that they are not prepared to honour it.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I just paid for an item that I won and now the seller is asking for more shipping, can they do that?

leb17
Community Member

Hi..if the listing states $xxxx amount to ship to your address, then it doesn't  matter what they say (in the listing) if the item goes for more money what the shipping will be..seller is at fault for not listing it proper and can be reported for "asking for more shipping cost".

Report the seller.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

A smart seller would give the higher shipping price and then offer a discount if the selling price was lower. Result? Happy customer and no Reports.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply