I lost a set of clubs in shipment to a customer. Does eBay or Paypal cover any of my losses?

Has anyone had a similar situation. My paypal account was charged-backed for the FULL purchase amount plus shipping charges and I only received a fraction of my costs from the carrier who LOST the package? Am I intitled to any compensation from eBay or PayPal? Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I lost a set of clubs in shipment to a customer. Does eBay or Paypal cover any of my losses?

Hi , No ,  issue is with your carrier. You are selling expensive items , why would you not insure to value.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

For this transaction, if your carrier will not compensate you for the full value of the lost parcel, you could try going to Small Claims Court.

You can represent yourself, so your only cost there is your lost wages, and the fee for the Claim is fairly low,

In future, you may consider changing carriers, covering yourself more fully with a third party insurer like shipinsurance (one-off insurance) or Hugh Wood International (annual contracts and specializing in collectibles.)

Message 3 of 3
latest reply