I'm a seller from Canada, for months now, the shipping calculator hasn't worked. Kills sales!

As a seller, I depend on the eBay site to work properly.  It's why I gladly turn over a fee to them for providing a selling arena.  For months the Shipping calculator hasn't worked and it's costing me sales.  It's also costing me a great deal of time to answer all the requests.  Why can't the 'programming trolls' at eBay get it right?  I've stopped putting up sales for months now, and have recently tried a few new sales, but they too don' t have working shipping calculators. I go to the trouble of pre-packing items so that I know the weight and size dimensions and it's all a waste of time since the eBay shipping calculator doesn't work.  I hate wasting my time and having to pay eBay to do it.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I'm a seller from Canada, for months now, the shipping calculator hasn't worked. Kills sales!

The ebay shipping calculator works fine on ebay.ca. It may have a glitch once in a while but having a problem for months means that you are most likely doing something incorrectly.

You enter the correct weight and dimensions of the package but are you using the correct minimum and maximum dimensions for the shipping service you have selected?

There is a difference in the minimum dimensions for Expedited Parcel Canada and USA. The eBay Sell Your Item form does not check what you put in but when listed the listing will give an error.

Give specific listings that do not work and the dimensions and weight and shipping service used.

Also please give the browser and widows that you are using.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

As I often find, I'm eating my words.  It's almost entirely my fault (for not reading the pages and pages of onscreen shipping detail).  LIke I tell my non-compter savvy friends "READ THE INSTRUCTIONS",...well, I didn't . Now I did, and it solved the problem.  You're right, a seller just has to select the correct shipping category based on the weight and dimensions. 

My only real problem now is ..... why didn't eBay flag that or have a message pop up for me that I screwed up instead of just blocking the buyers and forcing them to ask me if they would even bother.

Thanks for the response,.... problem solved.  Hope the others having shipping problems read this, ..and for those that still have shipping problems they can message me here and I'll explain it (I made a nice neat spreadsheet that has the 12 most common categories for Canada/USA/and International.).

Tom

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

My only real problem now is ..... why didn't eBay flag that or have a message pop up for me that I screwed up instead of just blocking the buyers and forcing them to ask me if they would even bother.

I agree that they should have that however, I wonder if it is their problem or if Canada Post is the one controlling the calculator in that sense. If you enter measurements that are too small for expedited USA and xpresspost USA on the Canada Post site, you still see a price for those services even though Paypal wouldn't let you print a label with those measurements.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply