I'm having a terrible time with the GSP :( S/H to Canada has increased & now I must pay "import charges"? NEVER had to pay that til GPS :(

i*n*f*p*
Community Member

What is up with this? And why isn't the GPS given as an OPTIONAL way to buy? That way buyers who do have problem with import charges (??) can choose that method if they want it. The rest of us don't want to be penalized!!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

I'm having a terrible time with the GSP :( S/H to Canada has increased & now I must pay "import charges"? NEVER had to pay that til GPS :(

Before you bid or buy from a seller that is using the GSP you can ask them if they will ship to you directly. But other than that, the only way to avoid those fees is to buy from sellers not using that system. In some cases, especially with heavier and/or more expensive items, it works out to be less expensive with GSP as their shipping rates may be better.

Even if a seller has an alternative shipping method listing, the buyer can't see it. Ebay has said they are looking into changing that so we may have a choice in the future but no guarantee.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply