I paid for an item 6 days ago and the seller has not communicated with me or shipped my item. How long do I wait for the item to be shipped

gwendolynnann
Community Member

I paid for an item 6 days ago and the seller has not communicated with me or shipped my item.  How long do I wait for the item to be shipped before reporting a problem with my transaction?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I paid for an item 6 days ago and the seller has not communicated with me or shipped my item. How long do I wait for the item to be shipped

oskye
Community Member

Most sellers will post their normal shipping and handling time in their listings (check under the Shipping tab).  

Note that not all sellers use the eBay shipping tool (that notifies you your the item has been sent and changes the icon in your Purchase History).  So, your item may, in fact, be on its way.

Suggest you contact the seller to check.  

If you get no response after a couple of tries, you can open a case.  But you have to wait until 10 days after the listing closed - ended.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Sellers have up to 7 days to ship before losing their Seller Protection.

I suggest one more email, through Contact Seller, asking specifically for the date of shipping and the Delivery Confirmation number.

The DC may not be available, but the question should put the fear of Ghu into the seller.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply