I purchased a diamond ring and now the seller has said they are going to wait 10 days before shipping it... I have over 2000 positive feedba

I purchased a diamond ring and paid for it immediately on a buy it now. The seller marked the item shipped so I asked for tracking information. The seller said that they really hadn't shipped it yet and that they were going to wait 10 days before shipping it.  I have over 2000 positive feeback and 100% rating and the ring was paid with cash funds through Paypal.  I am starting to think that this deal is hokey.... What can I do?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I purchased a diamond ring and now the seller has said they are going to wait 10 days before shipping it... I have over 2000 positive feedba

Unless you sell under the same username, having 100% positive feedback as  a buyer is meaningless since buyers can only get positive feedback.

That being said, wait until 2 or 3 days after estimated delivery date and file an item not received dispute through paypal's resolution centre. The seller will have to prove the item was delivered. If they can't, the seller will either have to voluntarily refund or paypal will do it for them. If the seller should request that the transaction be cancelled (so they can get their final value fee credit), do not agree to it or tell them you'll agree once you have been fully refunded. After you got your money back, you can agree to the cancellation or decline it (you must select the decline option).

Leave whatever feedback and stars you deem appropriate after you have been refunded or have the item.

Non paying buyers deserve unpaid item strikes.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hi .. I would keep one eye on the seller's account/feedback. Unusual , new seller albeit not new member . 4 expensive rings, one day listings , low reserves. always the possibility of a hacked account.

Think i would respond , in the absence of an acceptable explanation for the delay , my preference would be a cancellation and refund of my payment.

Do not accept a cancellation request by ebay without having been refunded.

No response , open the not received in resolution center of your PayPal account. PP will make you wait a week before escalating to a claim.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Looks like he sold the same ring back on march 3rd. according to his feedback.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply