I returned a defective product and was wondering if the refund is credited to my credit card or does the seller refund me the purchase price

canadiens01joe
Community Member

I bought a product using paypal.  received the product and was defective.  the seller said he would refund the entire purchase price.  i shipped the unit back to him but have got a response back on how the refund will be issued.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I returned a defective product and was wondering if the refund is credited to my credit card or does the seller refund me the purchase price

Did you by any chance return it with Delivery Confirmation?  How long ago did you buy it? 

When a seller refunds, it goes back the same way it came.  Meaning if you used a credit card it goes back onto your card.  It may take a couple days to appear, but you will get a notice in your regular email that the payment has been refunded.  It is automatically generated, - the seller does not send it.  So if you do not have that, you have not been refunded.

Same as if you paid with a paypal balance, - the money gets put back.  The seller does not choose how.  How long ago did you send it?  Will the seller have had time to receive it? 

If you did not use Delivery Confirmation, the seller could say "Return? What return?", so you will hope your seller is honest.  If you wish to see what the official procedure is for returning items, the following link will explain about filing a Not as Described claim, - see Section 4:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
If you used delivery confirmation and if the refund hasn't been received by day 43 at the latest,open an item not as described dispute through PayPal. Add the delivery confirmation number to the dispute and you should receive a refund after the delivery confirmation number shows that the seller has received the returned item.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply