I sold an item and the buyer did not pay. how come i cannot leave any feedback on this seller?

I sold an item and the buyer did not pay. i went through the whole unpaid item thing and received my fee refund and was told that an unpaid item tag or something was put on the buyers account. I went to go leave negative feedback but it wont let me. Why is this? I also checked the sellers account and couldn't find anything there stating that this buyer won an auction and then refused to pay. Why is this? If someone breaks the rules it should be available for all ebay users to see.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I sold an item and the buyer did not pay. how come i cannot leave any feedback on this seller?

@carleton7272 wrote:

I sold an item and the buyer did not pay. i went through the whole unpaid item thing and received my fee refund and was told that an unpaid item tag or something was put on the buyers account. I went to go leave negative feedback but it wont let me. Why is this? I also checked the sellers account and couldn't find anything there stating that this buyer won an auction and then refused to pay. Why is this? If someone breaks the rules it should be available for all ebay users to see.

Hi carleton7272,

You use buyer & seller interchangeably so I assume you're the seller, and you're concerned about not being able to leave negative feedback for your buyer. If this is the case, sellers haven't been able to leave negative feedback for buyers for a few years now.

Thanks,  

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

As you now know, you cannot leave negative feedback for deadbeat buyers. However, you can add their username to your blocked bidders list. You can also set your buyer requirements in My Ebay, Account, Site Preferences to block bidders with 2 or more unpaid item strikes in the past 12 months.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply