I want to purchase 24 - 1.5 oz tubes of vo5 hair dressing cream and the order page says that the shipping cost is $600.99. why so much?

wjgil0212
Community Member

I contacted the seller  and they say the shipping is $54.99 for a large shipping box.  who can I talk to about this problem?

If I can not resolve this situation, I will just delete my membership.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I want to purchase 24 - 1.5 oz tubes of vo5 hair dressing cream and the order page says that the shipping cost is $600.99. why so much?

You can talk to the seller about this problem, though it is not really a problem unless you purchase the item. $600 for shipping is obviously a mistake on the sellers part, but you have to resolve this problem with the seller directly.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You can talk to the seller about this problem, though it is not really a problem unless you purchase the item. $600 for shipping is obviously a mistake on the sellers part, but you have to resolve this problem with the seller directly.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

shari3495
Community Member

Request the seller to change the shipping cost and resend the invoice.  Don't pay for it untill they do.  If they refuse report them to Ebay's customer service centre.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Don't bid without checking that the seller ships to Canada, and confirming the amount of shipping.

If you are not sure of the shipping cost, ask the seller before bidding.

If you bid without looking at the shipping cost for Canada or getting a firm quote on shipping to Canada, you can ask the seller for a Mutual Cancellation. If he agrees, you can accept, ignore, or refuse. The first two end the transaction and both can leave feedback. The latter means you still want the item and are willing to fulfill the contract, which means paying the shipping as advertised.

Or the seller can instead open an Unpaid Item Dispute. If you do not pay, you get a Strike which makes it more difficult to buy on eBay in future. And btw, the amount, with shipping is high enough that you may find your credit rating impinged. You can
't cancel a contract willy-nilly, not even by dropping your membership, which takes months in any case.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply