I was scammed by seller, what I can do now?

grze$
Community Member

Seller send me broken old item, witch was  described as new and never used. What I can do ?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Contact the seller by sending him/her a message and let them know the item has arrived in the condition you stated. See what they say. Also take photos of the condition it arrived in as you unpacked it just as a back up. If you two don't come to an agreement on the options given by the seller, then immediately open a claim in PayPal. If I were you, I would go to PayPal immediately so you're safe and not beyond the 45 day limit to have PayPal involved. I don't know how many days it's been since the transaction however.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Step one: contact seller (with pictures if possible) and ask for a refund.

Tell him your plan is to dispose of the item, and ask that he allow you to do this rather than returning it. Keep the item and the packaging.

If you don't get a prompt refund:

Go to the Resolution Centre and file an Item Not As Described dispute.

If the seller does not refund immediately, PayPal will require you to return the item to him with Confirmation of Delivery, which is expensive.

Once you can show Confirmed Delivery of the item, PP will refund you and go after the seller for their money.

If more than 45 days have passed since purchase:

Go to the credit card you actually paid with (PP is just the mediator) and phone the 1-800 customer service number. Ask for a chargeback. Have all your transaction numbers, dates and payment amounts handy for the clerk.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply